Today is the day that I would sign in up for my first little league sports appearance. I was eight years old and small. I had always been one of the smallest, but nobody loved the game, basketball like me. I was very nervous and had tears dripping down the side of my face. I had hoped that I would be on my best friend, Mauro's team, and I wasn't. However, I settled down when my parents told me that they would be watching. When I came up with the idea of playing little league basketball I was super excited. But when I walked in the surprisingly big REC. Center I though that I had made a huge mistake. Later when the referee's were calling kids up to try out, I was sitting on the greasy bench awaiting in dispare for my turn. Finally they called my name and ran onto the coart with my ball. Do a lay-up I repeated over and over again. Whatever that was. It was all or after I shot a 1 ft. jumper, not a lay-up.
A few days later I met with my team, the Suns. At first I was very nervous, but when I made some friends I felt a lot better. We started the season with a terrible 0-3 record. Not only were we last place, but we hadn't won a single game. Later as the season was almost over we had learned a lot about the game and a lot about each other. We started winning games after games and finished the season with a 10-8 record. just enough to get us in to the playoffs. I was loving every bit of this season until I found out that I wasn't going to be there for the semi-finals or the finals. However the next game, which would be my last game, I played the hardest I have ever played. We faced a team that was called "The Orange Team". The orange team played a kid who was 5'8 and nine years old. Although there was a lot of blocked shots, we clung on and won.
The next day I was off to Oregon and I said farewell to my friends. Later that evening I knew that they had finished the game so I sat paciently by the phone awaiting"the call". Finally the phone rang and my mom answered it. "You won" she whispered, and then back to talking on the phone. We were going to the championship. A few days later the phone rang once again. So I crossed my fingers and listened. After he said it,that we had won I dropped the phone and ran around the house. Screaming "We won, we won".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment